Full Paper: finished R&D work performed within the Conference themes. These papers have a maximum of 12 pages of length. Authors of accepted full papers will have 15 minutes for the in-person presentation, plus 5 minutes for discussion at the conference. (1)
Short Paper: initial paper or a paper that requires theoretical deepening or clarification of results. The methodological component must have relevant ideas for discussion. The Short Paper should have a minimum of 4 pages and a maximum of 6 pages. The authors of accepted short papers will have 10 minutes for the in-person presentation. The discussion of these papers will be held in a debate panel, with all the works. (2)
Video Presentation: accepted videos will be presented in parallel video sessions (Youtube channel) within the WCQR2018 program. Accepted Video contributions (accompanied by papers) will be included in the online Proceedings of WCQR2018. (3)
(1) WCQR is currently in contacts with Journals, in order to publish accepted papers. Full papers will be submitted directly to Journals associated with the Conference. This process will be managed by the WCQR Committee.
(2) Short papers will be published in WCQR2018 Proceedings (with ISBN number). Some accepted short papers may be invited for publication in associated Journals, depending on the respective editorial policies.
(3) Videos should only be submitted for accepted papers whose authors will not be able to attend the Conference in person.
Before submitting a paper for review by the Scientific Committee, please verify that the information enabling the identification of the authors (names, authors’ affiliations and references) were withdrawn. As the review process is double-blind, information enabling to identify the authors should not appear in the paper initial version for review. This information should only be included in the final version of the paper.
Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting your paper.
1. When submitting a paper to WCQR2018, authors will be able to indicate whether they would like the paper to be considered for publication in associated journals and, if so, which journals from the given list;
3. All papers submitted to WCQR within the deadlines and according to the guidelines will be subjected to the review process (double-blind review). Each of the submitted papers will be reviewed by at least 3 members of the Scientific Committee. After completion of the review process, the contact author will be informed about the acceptance or rejection of the submitted work. In both cases, the reviewers’ comments will be available to the authors;
4. There will be a Meta-Review, in which the Editorial Board decides whether the article should be accepted, accepted as a full paper and whether the article will be published in the journal selected by the author;
5. If accepted and selected for publication, a final version of the paper must be submitted according to each journal’s guidelines and templates.
- Papers must be original and must not be under review for any other conference or national or international publication. Manuscripts should be written in English.
- Short papers will be published in WCQR2018 Proceedings (with ISBN number). Some accepted short papers may be invited for publication in associated Journals, depending on the respective editorial policies.
Video Session (Online Presentation)
Accepted Videos will be presented in parallel video sessions (Youtube channel) within the WCQR2018 programme. Accepted Video contributions (accompanied by papers) will be included in the online Proceedings of WCQR2018. Phases:
1) Regular paper Submission (May 20, 2018): submit the full paper or short paper by selecting the option EasyChair “Video Session”;
2) Video Submission (August 26, 2018): videos of 1.5 to 3 minutes (max. 50MB) illustrating new and exciting results are sought for the WCQR2018 edition. Please do not use special codecs (coders/decoders) in order to provide as much portability across platforms as possible. The use of MPEG-1 or MPEG-4 video formats is strongly recommended.
A Video submitted for video session is expected to be a stand-alone contribution, which must be self-explanatory thanks to a comprehensive English narration. A Video contribution should have all the typical aspects of a written scientific contribution available to the viewers, by exploiting a video format besides the traditional paper format.
Guidelines for Video preparation:
- Include an English narration;
- Length: 1.5 to 3 minutes (max. 50MB);
- Focus on your own research;
- Introduce the background of the presented research and explain research objectives;
- Describe the methodology, resources and main outcomes.
Proposals can be submitted whose Fields of Application cover the following areas:
- Qualitative Research in Health (emphasis on the processes of research in the fields of Medicine, Nursing, Geriatrics, Gerontology, Psychology, etc.).
- Qualitative Research in Education (emphasis on the processes of research in various areas of Higher Education, Basic Education, Assessment, Curriculum, Teaching, Teaching Science, Languages, History, Technology, etc.).
- Qualitative Research in Social Science (emphasis on the processes of research in the fields of Communication, Linguistics, Sociology, Anthropology, Organizational and Work Psychology, Business Administration, Marketing, Management and Economics, Political Science, etc.).
- Qualitative Research in Engineering and Technology (emphasis on the research processes in the areas of Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering and Engineering Education)
- Rationale and Paradigms of Qualitative Research (theoretical studies, critical reflection about epistemological dimensions, ontological and axiological);
- Systematization of approaches with Qualitative Studies (literature review, integrating results, aggregation studies, meta -analysis, meta- analysis of qualitative meta- synthesis, meta- ethnography);
- Qualitative and Mixed Methods Research (emphasis in research processes that build on mixed methodologies but with priority to qualitative approaches).
- Data Analysis Types (content analysis , discourse analysis , thematic analysis , narrative analysis , etc.);
- Innovative processes of Qualitative Data Analysis (design analysis, articulation and triangulation of different sources of data – images, audio, video);
- Qualitative Research in Web Context ( eResearch, virtual ethnography, interaction analysis , latent corpus on the internet, etc.);
- Qualitative Analysis with Support of Specific Software (usability studies, user experience, the impact of software on the quality of research and analysis).
All papers submitted within the deadlines and according to the guidelines will be subjected to the review process. Each of the submitted papers will be reviewed by at least 3 members of the Scientific Committee.
The content of papers submitted for review by the Scientific Committee, should not include information that allows the identification of the authors (to enable a double – blind review process). Thus, names, affiliations and references to the authors should not appear in the paper. This information should only be included in the final version.
After completion of the review process, the contact author will be informed about the acceptance or rejection of the submitted work. In both cases, the reviewers’ comments will be available to the authors. In case of acceptance, authors must meet the recommendations for improvement, prepare and submit the definitive version of the work up to the camera-ready paper submission deadline.
In case of failure to consider the recommendations made by the reviewers, the Organizing Committee reserves the right not to include these works in the Conference Proceedings.
The final version of the paper should also follow the appropriate style guide and should contain the authors’ data (names, institutions and emails).
Papers accepted by the Scientific Committee will be published in the Conference Proceedings (in digital format with ISBN), provided that at least one author is registered in the Conference and the abstract does not exceed the maximum number of words defined.
Selected Full Papers will be proposed for publication in associated Journals. For this, a final version of the paper must be submitted, according to each journal’s guidelines and templates. Invitations will be made by invited editors after the Conference;
Short Papers will be published in WCQR2018 Proceedings (with ISBN number). Some accepted short papers may be invited for publication in associated Journals, depending on the respective editorial policies.